English Speaking Course
(HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE YOUR SPOKEN ENGLISH)
Mrs. Ranjeeta Shukla
Mrs. Sunita Uniyal
Why English is important for our Career…..
Nowadays, more and more people are dedicating time to studying English as a second language. Many countries include English in their school syllabus and children are starting to learn English at a younger and younger age. But what is the true value of learning English?
Whether you are looking for a new job or planning to travel the world, studying English can help you progress in life both personally and professionally. You can compete in the global job market, increase your career skills and start to meet people around the world.
However, do you know why learning English is so important? Here are ten good reasons to take an English Language Course.
Ways to learn English
- Take an Online / Offline English Speaking Course
- Take a language course in an English speaking country
- Create an environment for Group Discussion
- Watch Movies, TV Shows and Read Books in English
10 Reasons to Learn English
1. English is a global language
English is the most commonly spoken language in the world. One out of five people can speak or at least understand English!
2. Studying English can help you get a job
English is the language of science, aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism. Knowing English increases your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad.
3. Learning English can help you meet new people
English is the official language of 53 countries and is used as a lingua franca (a mutually known language) by people from all around the world. This means that whether you’re working in Beijing, or travelling in Brazil, studying English can help you have a conversation with people from all over the world.
4. Many scientific papers are written in English
In the last century, the number of scientific papers written in English has started to outweigh the number of papers written in the native language of the researcher. In the Netherlands, for example, the ratio is a surprising 40 to 1. For this reason, having a knowledge of English is incredibly important to those working in the scientific field.
5. English is the language of the media industry
Because of the prominence of Hollywood in global media, an enormous amount of films, TV shows and popular songs are written in English. If you speak English, you won’t need to rely on translations and subtitles anymore to enjoy your favourite books, songs, films and TV shows.
6. English is the language of the Internet.
English is a particularly important language online with more than half the content on the internet written in English. As well as this, some of the world’s largest tech companies are based in English speaking countries.
7. Travelling is a lot easier with a good knowledge of English
Imagine you’re a Spanish person on holiday in Thailand, while your hotel receptionist might not be able to answer your question in Spanish, it’s likely they will be able to answer your question in English.
8. English is one of the most important languages for business
Whether you’re a business owner, student or employee, English is incredibly important in the business world. English is considered to be one of the most important business languages due to being the de facto language of the United States and the official language of the UK, Canada, India and South Africa.
9. With English, you can study all over the world
Since English is spoken in so many different countries there are thousands of schools and universities around the world that offer programmes in English. If you speak good academic English, there’re lots of opportunities for you to find an appropriate school and course to suit your needs. Find out about going to university in an English speaking country.
10. English gives you access to multiple cultures
Good knowledge of English will allow you to access films, music and literature from hundreds of countries around the globe. Not to mention the fact that numerous books from across the world are translated into English. Few experiences will make you grow as a person more than learning the values, habits and way of life in a culture that is different from yours.
English Speaking Course Details
|Course Type||Diploma / Certification|
|Duration of the Course||3 Months to 1 Year|
|Eligibility||Minimum class 10 qualified|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam based / Personal Interview-Based / Merit Based|
|Course Fee||Between 5,000 to 25000 Rs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 Lakhs – 5 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Schools, Colleges, Publishing Firms, Advertising companies, etc|
|Job Positions||Language Trainer
Front Desk Executive
Tourist Guide etc.
Syllabus of English Speaking Course
- Listening: Listening to texts, listening to CDs, Trials of a good listener
- The Pronunciation: Phonetic Symbols consonants & Vowels with illustrations in use
- Listening & Comprehension: Interpretation of texts based on the question-answer. Interaction among students
- Reading Skills: Techniques of reading. Reading comprehension of unseen pages, Identifying the context & the central idea
- Vocabulary & word formation: From different texts & dictionary
- Basic Grammar: Prescriptive/descriptive approaches grammaticality – acceptability –appropriateness-grammar in context- grammar in spoken & written
- Practice: Exercise on different grammatical constructions, Identification of the grammatical devices forms different texts like newspapers, poems, stories, etc.
- Words & phrases used for conversation: Making statements, questions, order & suggestions – denying –rejecting-disagreeing-possibility-ability, permission, obligations, etc.
- Public speech
- Telephonic Conversation
Job Opportunity Under English Speaking Courses
One can have plenty of options for job opportunities to choose from after completing the Spoken English course. Apart from job opportunities, particularly for Spoken English experts, learning English can help anyone in any field of work. English will also help them in their higher studies. One must know English if s/he wishes to work abroad. Some of the job openings, particularly for Spoken English experts, are listed below :
- Language Trainer
- Content Developer
- BPO Executive
- Relationship Manager
- Front Desk Executive
- Tourist Guide
FAQ’s on English Speaking Course Details
Who can apply for a Spoken English course?
Anyone after completing class 10 can apply for this course. However, some institutions require high school graduates with a minimum of 50% marks.
How can I speak English fluently?
Fluency in a foreign language requires a lot of patience and practice. The more you speak, eliminate the mistake and learn from it, the more fluent you will become in speaking English.
Does learning English help in academics?
Yes, English helps to make your academics healthy. There are many books on different subjects in English with no translation available. So, one must know English to read the vast resources available in English.
How does English affect professional development?
Nowadays, most of the companies are hiring English speakers because of globalisation. It makes you confident to speak up in front of global clients. One must know English to travel around the world or to do international business deals.
Summary of English Speaking Course Details
There are 1.5 billion English speakers in the world. Businesses are becoming global using this language. So, learning English will help you out if you want to do business or a job or study further. Hopefully, the details provided on the English Speaking Course will help you know the course better. Please let us know about your queries in the comments section.
- Over 40 lectures and 55.5 hours of content!
- Testing Training Included.
- Learn Software Testing and Automation basics from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings